We’re excited to share with you a new recipe from Chef Letícia Moreinos Schwartz’s cookbook which is hitting store shelves next month.
Schwartz’s new book focusses on healthy homemade cooking for the whole family. In Fresh And Flavorful Latin Superfoods the Latina chef brings simple, healthy recipes that are full of flavor to life.
Enjoy this special recipe preview, provided by the chef herself. It’s perfect for a homecooked dinner tonight!
Chicken with Peas and Potatoes
- ¼ cup flour
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally and trimmed
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 12 oz of red potatoes, washed unpeeled, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed
- ¼ cup freshly chopped parsley
1. Place flour in a shallow dish, season with salt and pepper.
2. Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off the excess.
3. In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until they just begin to turn golden brown on each side, about 3 to 4 min per side. Transfer to a plate and cover with foil to keep moist.
4. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoon olive oil in the pan and add the potatoes. Cook, stirring occasionally until they are tender but not soft, about 7 minutes.
5. Remove the potatoes to the same pan as the chicken and keep them covered.
6. Add the garlic and cook until it just starts to turn golden about 1 min.
7. Add the shallot and cook until translucent. Add the oregano and season with salt and pepper.
8. Add the white wine, bring to a boil and reduce.
9. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil.
10. Reduce the heat, return the chicken and potatoes to the pan, cover, and simmer gently until the potatoes are completely cooked and the chicken is tender about 10 minutes.
11. Remove the lid, and add the peas, cooking everything together for another 3 to 5 minutes. Taste and be sure to adjust the seasoning.
12. Garnish with parsley and serve on a rimmed plate, spooning the sauce over the chicken.
You can preorder Fresh and Flavorful Latin Superfoods today on Amazon. The book will be released nationwide on October 15th.
You can learn more about Schwartz at www.chefleticia.com and follow her healthy cooking on YouTube. You can also follow her food adventures on Instagram.
Images courtesy: Letícia Moreinos Schwartz
NOTE: The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified nutritional professional. Please contact your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your specific dietary needs.