The Easy Air Fryer Cookbook: Healthy Everyday Recipes For People With Diabetes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss celebrates one of the most celebrated kitchen inventions in recent history: the air fryer.
Packed with 80 delicious recipes for the handy countertop appliance, the book helps readers make fried favorites healthy.
Best of all, every recipe has been customized to meet the nutritional guidelines established by the American Diabetes Association making them all diabetes-friendly.
dLife is proud to bring its readers an exclusive look at a great menu, perfect for lunch or dinner this fall season.
Crisp Parmesan Broccoli Florets
SERVES: 6 | SERVING SIZE: 1⁄2 CUP | PREP TIME: 8 MINUTES | COOK TIME: 10–14 MINUTES
- 4 cups bite-size broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, toss the broccoli with the olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt.
- Place the broccoli in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 400°F and air fry for 5 minutes. Shake the air fryer basket. Air fry for an additional 5–9 minutes or until the broccoli is tender and browned.
- Place on a serving platter or in a serving bowl. Immediately after air frying and while the broccoli is still hot, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
CHOICES/EXCHANGES: 1 Nonstarchy Vegetable | 1 Fat
BASIC NUTRITIONAL VALUES: Calories 60 | Calories from Fat 45 |Total Fat 5.0 g | Saturated Fat 0.9 g | Trans Fat 0.0 g |Cholesterol 0 mg |Sodium 130 mg |Potassium 160 mg |Total Carbohydrate 3 g |Dietary Fiber1 g | Sugars 1 g |Protein 2 g |Phosphorus 45 mg
This recipe has been provided to dLife, courtesy of The Easy Air Fryer Cookbook: Healthy Everyday Recipes For People With Diabetes by Kathy Moore and Roxanne Wyss.
NOTE: The nutrition facts may vary depending on the ingredients used in the recipe. The nutritional information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified nutritional professional. Please contact your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your specific dietary needs.