By: Susan Watkins, RD, CDE.
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. I love it because it is super quick, packed with nutrition and protein, and tastes delicious. People love it when I bring it to parties.
I like to serve it with Trader Joe’s whole wheat baked pita chips. But this can work with any cracker you choose. For a lower-carb option, I put it on top of sliced cucumbers, my personal favorite is Japanese cucumbers.
You can also quickly turn this into a meal by adding a grain such as rice or quinoa or putting it into a tortilla or low carb wrap.
Serves: 6 Prep Time: 1 Minute
(15 grams of total carbs per ½ cup lentils)
- 1 package Trader Joe’s Fully Cooked Lentils (found in the vegetable section of the store in a box).
- 1 container Trader Joe’s Bruschetta Sauce (found in the refrigerated area near the hummus and cheese)
- ½ or 1 package of Trader Joe’s Organic Crumbled Feta Cheese or goat cheese (or just a sprinkle for a lighter dish)
- In a medium bowl, combine lentils, bruschetta sauce, feta or goat cheese (choose a little or a lot) and stir.
- Garnish with fresh basil or cilantro if you like.
- Enjoy as a meal or as a delightful appetizer.