Try this exceptional, homemade, no sugar added granola bar recipe that you can make ahead and enjoy when needed.
It’s perfect for a mid-afternoon snack, or a pick me up after a good work out at the gym.
Homemade granola bars are a great alternative to store-bought granola bars because you can control the amount of sugar they contain and ingredients that you use.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut or almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Spread the oats and coconut evenly across a baking sheet.
- Toast oats and coconut in the preheated oven until browned, about 10 minutes; transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix honey, peanut or almond butter, vanilla extract, and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook and stir until smooth. Pour the honey mixture over the oats and coconut; stir to coat. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until beginning to dry, about 15 minutes for crunchy granola bars, less if you like them chewy.
- Make sure the mixture is cooled completely before cutting. Cut into length-wise bars.
- Wrap into wax paper and store in an air-tight container.
Nutrition Serving: Per Serving: 180 calories; 4.7
34.4 3.9 0 70
NOTE: The nutrition facts may vary depending on the ingredients used in the recipe. The nutritional information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified nutritional professional. Please contact your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your specific dietary needs.