DexCom, Inc. has partnered with Tandem Diabetes Care in the UK, Sweden, Italy, and Spain to distribute the Dexcom G6 CGM System integrated with the Tandem Diabetes Care t:slim X2 insulin pump for people with diabetes.
Tandem’s t:slim X2 insulin pump with Basal-IQ™ technology uses Dexcom G6 CGM readings to predict glucose levels 30 minutes ahead and suspend insulin delivery when glucose is predicted to go low.
Insulin delivery resumes as soon as sensor glucose values begin to rise. The use of the integrated system reduced the time spent below 3.9 mmol/L (70 mg/dL) by 31 percent compared to the use of a CGM-integrated pump without automated insulin suspension1.
“Combining the Dexcom G6 with Tandem’s t:slim X2 insulin pump will meaningfully improve diabetes management. Not only does the system eliminate the need for fingersticks, but it also helps patients reduce the frequency and duration of low-glucose events,” said Erik Bjorkman, Dexcom’s General Manager for EMEA.
Also, with the Dexcom G6 app, users can share their glucose information with up to five people. Whether you are a parent of a child with diabetes or an adult, the Dexcom G6 lets you seamlessly keep track of glucose levels and enables the user’s care team to remotely monitor their loved ones for extra peace of mind.
“The t:slim X2 insulin pump with Basal-IQ technology, combined with the Dexcom G6, presents a meaningful advancement in the automated insulin delivery category, offering people with diabetes a simple-to-use system that predicts and helps prevent lows with zero fingersticks,” said Brian Hansen, executive vice president and chief commercial officer for Tandem Diabetes Care.
Some of the Dexcom G6 features include:
- Elimination of fingersticks for calibration or diabetes treatment decisions.
- Customizable alarms and alerts to warn users and their designated followers of dangerous glucose levels
- An extended 10-day sensor
- An auto-applicator designed to make sensor insertion very simple and painless with the touch of a button.
- Continuous glucose readings sent automatically using Bluetooth technology to any compatible smart device, or to an optional Dexcom receiver, at five-minute intervals.
- New sensor membrane that enables Paracetamol4 use without any effect on glucose readings.
The CE Marking confirms that the G6 system meets the Essential Requirements of the Medical Device Directive MDD 93/42/EEC as amended by 2007/47/EC.
The powerful and ground-breaking new system is also the first CGM system to receive the US Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) De Novo classification.
With this new classification, the Dexcom G6 CGM system is indicated for use as both a stand-alone CGM and for integration into automated insulin dosing (AID) systems.
For more information on Dexcom G6, visit www.dexcom.com/global.
- Dexcom U.K. (2019, December 23). Dexcom Partners With Tandem Diabetes Care on the t:slim X2 Insulin Pump in the UK, Sweden, Italy, and Spain. PR Newswire. Retrieved from https://prnmedia.prnewswire.com/news-releases/dexcom-partners-with-tandem-diabetes-care-on-the-t-slim-x2-insulin-pump-in-the-uk-sweden-italy-and-spain-821937289.html