Professional chef, Type 1 advocate, and author Sam Talbot is always on the go. He has a few tricks to make sure he’s always eating healthy, and dLife is excited to bring a few of them to you.
You can read more about how Talbot pushes the boundaries of living with Type 1 here.
Talbot is the author of two cookbooks, The Sweet Life, Diabetes Without Boundaries, which is geared for anyone that’s looking for healthy lifestyle swaps, and 100% Real, which focuses on clean and fresh eating.
Check out his other recipes, exclusively on dLife: Blackberry Salad with Mint and Honeycomb, and Chile-Rubbed Skirt Steak with Rustic Chimichurri.
White Bean-and-Cilantro Hummus
Hands-on: 10 minutes, Total Cook/Prep Time: 10 minutes, plus chilling
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan
- Makes: 3 cups
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans no-salt-added cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame paste)
- ¼ cup vegetable broth or water
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your choice of crudités such as celery sticks, carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, bell pepper strips, broccoli, cauliflower, fennel, and asparagus spears.
Recipe is courtesy of Sam Talbot. Be sure to consult your physician or medical professional with any questions and concerns about your specific dietary needs.