- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 12 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4
- LEVEL: Easy
A simple, chilled, zucchini salad with garlic and fresh mint.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 tbsp minced fresh mint
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cut zucchini lengthwise in quarters, then in 1/2" slices.
- In large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium high.
- Add zucchini, cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook additional 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Move zucchini to medium bowl.
- Whisk 2 teaspoons of oil, mint, salt, and pepper, and pour over zucchini.
- Toss, and refrigerate 30 minutes until chilled.
You can toss the salad with 1 tbsp of red wine vinegar before serving.
Per serving—63 calories; 4g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 1g saturated fat; 1g protein; 302.5mg sodium