- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8
- LEVEL: Easy
Tender venison with a creamy port mushroom sauce.
- 2 lb raw venison tenderloin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 7 oz fresh porcini mushrooms
- cooking spray
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup port wine
- 1 cup no-salt beef broth
- 2 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat roasting rack with cooking spray.
- Remove excess fat from venison. Place on prepared rack. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Roast 30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Tent with foil and let rest 10 minutes.
- Clean mushrooms, trim stems, and slice mushrooms.
- Coat skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium-high.
- Sauté mushrooms and shallots 4 minutes, or until soft. Add wine, season with remaining salt and pepper, and sauté 2 more minutes.
- In small bowl, whisk broth and cornstarch. Add to mushroom mixture and cook 1-2 minutes until thickened, stirring continually.
- To serve, spoon sauce over venison.
Per serving—207 calories; 6g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 1g saturated fat; 31g protein; 295mg sodium