- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6
- LEVEL: Easy
Swiss chard, draped with cream sauce and baked until golden.
- 3 lb Swiss Chard
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan (separate one tbsp)
- pinch of salt
- Pull leaves from stem and ribs, and roughly chop. Slice stems into 1/2" pieces.
- In pot of boiling, salted water, blanch leaves for 1 minute. Remove and drain.
- Simmer stems for 10 minutes. Remove and drain.
- Over low heat, sauté minced onions in butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cream and bring to a simmer. Reduce, stirring frequently until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add 3 tbsp cheese, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place chard in gratin dish or shallow baking pan, and top with sauce. Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp cheese over top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20 minutes, until cheese sauce bubbles and turns golden.
Nutritional update coming soon.