- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6
- LEVEL: Easy
Swiss chard, draped with cream sauce and baked until golden.
- 1 lb Swiss chard
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pull leaves from stem and ribs, and slice into 1/2" ribbons. Slice stems into 1/4" pieces.
- Bring pot of water and 1/4 tsp salt to boil. Blanch leaves for 1 minute. Remove and drain.
- Simmer stems for 10 minutes. Remove and drain, pressing as much water as possible from chard.
- Over low heat, sauté minced onions in butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cream, and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Reduce, stirring frequently until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add half of the cheese, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place chard in buttered gratin dish. Pour cream sauce over chard. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20 minutes, until cheese sauce bubbles and turns golden.
Nutritional update coming soon.