- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 15 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6
- LEVEL: Easy
Swiss chard, draped with cream sauce and baked until golden.
- 1 lb Swiss chard
- 12 oz spinach
- 1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Pull Swiss chard leaves from stem and ribs, and slice into 1/2" ribbons. Finely chop stems.
- Sauté chard stems and leaves in olive oil for two minutes, add spinach and sauté for one minute.
- Over low heat, sauté minced onions in 1 tbsp. butter until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add cream, and pepper, and bring to a simmer. Reduce, stirring frequently until thick, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add half of the cheese, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Buttered gratin dish with remaining butter. Pour cream sauce over greens, and sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake in 350°F oven for 20 minutes, until cheese sauce bubbles and turns golden.
Per serving—245 calories; 7g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 12g saturated fat; 8g protein; 569mg sodium