- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 6 hours
- SERVINGS: 8
- LEVEL: Easy
A festive, creamy pumpkin soup with leeks, sage, and Parmesan, made in a crockpot.
- 5 cups no-salt chicken broth
- 15 oz canned, solid-packed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup chopped leeks
- 2 tsp ground sage
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In 5-6 quart slow cooker, combine chicken broth, pumpkin, leeks, sage, salt, and pepper.
- Cover. Cook on low heat 6-8 hours, or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
- Turn off heat, stir in half & half. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle each serving with Parmesan cheese.
If you prefer cream to half & half, reduce the amount by half.
Per serving—91 calories; 9g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 2g saturated fat; 7g protein; 878mg sodium