- PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- COOK TIME: 6 hours
- SERVINGS: 8
- LEVEL: Easy
A festive, creamy pumpkin soup with leeks, sage, and Parmesan, made in a crockpot.
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 15 oz canned, solid-packed pumpkin
- 2/3 cup chopped leeks
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In 5-6 quart slow cooker, combine chicken broth, pumpkin, leeks, carrots, celery, onion, sage, poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cover. Cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours, or on high heat for 3 to 4 hours.
- Stir in cream. Turn off heat. Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle each serving with 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
Per serving—111 calories; 11g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 3g saturated fat; 7g protein; 499mg sodium