- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 6 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4
- LEVEL: Easy
Grilled salmon cooks in minutes, and the yogurt, cucumber and mint sauce adds a refreshing, cooling contrast. Dill can be subsituted for the mint, if you prefer.
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp minced fresh mint
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 medium cucumber
- cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb salmon fillet
- 3 to 4 mint sprigs
- Over small bowl, squeeze garlic clove through garlic press. Add salt and pepper. Mix to create a paste.
- Add yogurt and mint to bowl, and stir to combine.
- Peel and slice cucumber in quarters lengthwise, remove seeds, and dice cucumber.
- Add cucumber to bowl, and gently mix. Reserve.
- Preheat grill to high. Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Lightly brush both sides of salmon with olive oil. Place fish on grill rack. Cook 5 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- To serve, spoon cucumber sauce over salmon or serve on side. Garnish with mint sprigs.
Per serving—274.5 calories; 6.5g carbohydrates; 0.5g fiber; 2g saturated fat; 38g protein; 455mg sodium