- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 60 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8
- LEVEL: Easy
Sweet and juicy roasted tomatoes with shallots and fresh herbs.
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp minced shallots
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced rosemary
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Scoop seeds and pulp from tomatoes. Season cut sides of tomatoes with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place skin side up on several layers of paper towels and let rest 20 minutes.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Move tomatoes to prepared baking sheet, skin side down.
- Divide shallots evenly between 8 tomato halves.
- Sprinkle with parsley, rosemary, and pepper. Lightly drizzle oil over tomatoes. Roast 1 hour until tomatoes are tender.
Vegetarians can sprinkle grated Parmesan over the tomatoes before serving, to add more protein, and flavor.
Per serving—30 calories; 4g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 0g saturated fat; 1g protein; 148mg sodium