- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes
- SERVINGS: 8
- LEVEL: Easy
Roasted tomato soup with a sweet and mild taste.
- 8 fresh tomatoes
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 1 red onion
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups no-salt vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove cloves from head of garlic, and keep skins intact. Cut onion into quarters.
- Line roasting pan with foil. In roasting pan, place tomatoes, onion, garlic, and thyme. Drizzle with oil.
- Roast 30 minutes until softened and slightly charred.
- Remove onion quarters and garlic from the roasting pan, peel, and set aside.
- Pour half vegetable stock over tomatoes and return pan to oven for 10 minutes.
- In food processor, purée roasted onion and garlic into paste.
- Remove roasting pan from oven, discard thyme sprigs.
- Add stock and tomatoes to food processor, process until smooth.
- Strain soup into clean saucepan and add remaining stock and sour cream. Heat gently and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into serving bowls, garnish with parsley.
Per serving—10.5 calories; 10g carbohydrates; 1.5g fiber; 2g saturated fat; 2g protein; 85mg sodium