- PREP TIME: 5 minutes
- COOK TIME: 25 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4
- LEVEL: Intermediate
Thyme and garlic-crusted beef tenderloin is a classic entrée for celebrations and holidays.
- 1 lb beef tenderloin
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced.
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove beef from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture over beef.
- Coat large, oven-proof skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Place beef in pan and cook 2 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Move skillet to oven, and roast 20-25 minutes until internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- Remove beef from oven and transfer to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
You can substitute dried thyme, or another fresh or dried herb like rosemary. Or try it with our Wild Mushroom Gravy (the pan drippings from the beef tenderloin will make the gravy even more delicious!)
Per serving—163.5 calories; 1g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 9g saturated fat; 28g protein; 69mg sodium