- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 10 minutes
- SERVINGS: 24
- LEVEL: Easy
Sweet cherry tomatoes stuffed with fresh basil, pine nuts, garlic, and Parmesan.
- 24 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped basil
- 2 oz pine nuts
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the top off each tomato and scoop out to hollow.
- Place tomatoes in baking dish.
- In blender or food processor, place basil, pine nuts, garlic, oil and Parmesan cheese. Pulse until nuts are ground.
- Stuff tomatoes with filling.
- Bake 10 minutes until warmed thoroughly.
There's really no substituting dried basil for fresh in this recipe. Dried just doesn't have the pungent flavor of fresh basil. You can substitute other fresh herbs, like parsley, oregano, mint, and rosemary. Drizzle the tomatoes with extra virgin olive oil before serving.
Per serving—13 calories; 1g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 0g saturated fat; 1g protein; 21mg sodium