- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6
- LEVEL: Easy
Baked pepperoni make spicy, crisp shells for sautéed veggies topped with tomato sauce and melted mozzarella.
- 12 deli sliced sandwich-size pepperoni (about 3 inches across)
- 1/4 cup minced green peppers
- 3/4 cup minced yellow onion, divided into three portions
- 1/4 cup minced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup minced broccoli
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup grated whole milk mozzarella
- 3 tbsp minced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To prepare pepperoni cups, cut two one-inch slits on opposite sides of each slice of pepperoni, and push slices into a mini muffin tin. Bake for 2 minutes, until edges are crisp.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Place pepperoni cups on absorbent paper. Wipe extra oil from muffin tins.
- Sauté onions and pepper until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and sauté onions and mushrooms, until soft. Remove from pan, and sauté onions and broccoli.
- Return cups to muffin tins, and fill four with onion and peppers. Fill four with mushroom mixture, and four with broccoli mixture. Cover each with 1 tsp of tomato sauce. Divide cheese among the cups.
- Bake for 3 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil, and serve immediately.
You can double this recipe for a party or game night.
Per serving—416 calories; 4.5g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 15g saturated fat; 19g protein; 1259mg sodium