- PREP TIME: 25 minutes
- COOK TIME: 35 minutes
- SERVINGS: 12
- LEVEL: Easy
A traditional pumpkin pie without the carby crust.
- 15 oz salt-free canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup granulated SPLENDA® No-Calorie Sweetener
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 cups whole cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In medium saucepan, add pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add SPLENDA®and stir to combine. Remove from heat.
- Whisk eggs and yolk in medium bowl. Add cream and vanilla, and whisk on medium speed until well combined.
- Add pumpkin to egg mixture, whisking to combine.
- Pour filling into deep dish 9-inch Pyrex pie plate.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until edges are firm, and center jiggles slightly.
- Cool on wire rack for 3 hours.
- To serve, cut wedges of the "pie" and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
You can also bake the pumpkin custard in individual ramekins.
Per serving—115 calories; 6g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 6g saturated fat; 2.5g protein; 100mg sodium