- PREP TIME: 20 minutes
- COOK TIME: 18 minutes
- SERVINGS: 42
- LEVEL: Easy
These mini muffins taste so good you won't believe they're low-carb.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut cooking oil
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 medium grated apple
- 1 cup grated raw carrot
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 raw bananas
- 2 tbsp molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray two mini muffin pans (each making 24 mini muffins) with cooking spray.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, beat eggs, add coconut oil, cooled melted butter, grated apple and carrot, mashed bananas, molasses, and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix just until combined.
- Fill each muffin cavity to the top.
- Cook for 18 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Per serving—82 calories; 5.5g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 4g saturated fat; 1g protein; 76mg sodium