- PREP TIME: 6 minutes
- COOK TIME: 11 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4
- LEVEL: Easy
Sautéed spinach, garbanzo beans, and red bell pepper: a great vegetarian side dish, and gluten-free, too.
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1/2 cup canned, low-sodium garbanzo beans (chickpeas)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Mince garlic. Drain and rinse garbanzo beans.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium high. Add bell pepper and sauté 5 minutes. Add garlic. Sauté additional 1 minute.
- Add beans and cook 2 minutes until beans are thoroughly heated.
- Add spinach, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until spinach wilts, about 3 minutes. Serve.
Per serving—123 calories; 14g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 1g saturated fat; 4g protein; 87mg sodium