- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4
- LEVEL: Easy
Sautéed escarole with sweet golden raisins and toasted pine nuts.
- 1 oz pine nuts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 lb chopped escarole
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350°F.
- Spread pine nuts on small baking sheet.
- Bake pine nuts for 2-3 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown. Set aside.
- In five-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in escarole, raisins, and salt.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook an additional 10 minutes. Escarole should be tender, and excess juice should be evaporated.
- Stir in toasted pine nuts and serve.
To turn this dish into a heartier meal, serve with sausage—try our Homemade Turkey Sausage.
Per serving—76 calories; 10g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 0.5g saturated fat; 1g protein; 160mg sodium