- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 20 minutes
- SERVINGS: 4
- LEVEL: Easy
It's like the best club sandwich you've ever had—minus the bread!
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup crumbled bacon
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- In a food processor or blender, combine garlic, buttermilk, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, pepper and thyme. Blend on high for 1 minute.
- Combine chicken, cucumber, carrots, and celery. Pour dressing over the chicken mixture. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- To serve, arrange 1 cup of lettuce on each of 4 serving plates, and top each with an equal amount of the chicken salad. Garnish with bacon, red onion, and fresh parsley.
Buttermilk is cultured, naturally low fat milk.
Per serving— 299 calories; 8g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 4g saturated fat; 30g protein; 567mg sodium