- PREP TIME: 30 minutes
- COOK TIME: 40 minutes
- SERVINGS: 6
- LEVEL: Intermediate
It might sound fancy, but our Cordon Bleu is just boneless chicken breasts rolled with ham and Swiss, lightly coated with ground almonds and whole-wheat bread crumbs, and baked until golden brown.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 oz sliced, cooked ham
- 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pound chicken breasts with flat side of meat mallet, until thin and even in thickness.
- Layer ham and cheese on chicken breasts, cutting to fit.
- Roll pieces of chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix flour and almonds. Place in shallow pan. In second shallow pan, whisk eggs until well blended. In third shallow pan, place bread crumbs.
- Dredge chicken rolls through flour. Dip in eggs. Coat with bread crumbs. Coat rolls generously with cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium. Add chicken, cooking until browned on all sides, 2 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from skillet to warmed baking pan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165F°.
Per serving—321 calories; 12g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 6g saturated fat; 34g protein; 640mg sodium