- PREP TIME: 10 minutes
- COOK TIME: 0
- SERVINGS: 6
- LEVEL: Easy
A cool, refreshing summer treat for all ages.
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar substitute
- Blend cantaloupe, yogurt, and sugar substitute in food processor.
- Pour liquid into small paper cups or popsicle molds.
- Place in freezer. After one hour, insert popsicle sticks, and return to freezer for two hours until frozen.
- To serve, unwrap paper cups. Enjoy immediately.
You can substitute other ripe seasonal fruits for the cantaloupe, and use herbs like minced mint or basil. You can also play with molds, using quick bread tins to create multi-layered fruit yogurt "ice cakes." The recipe doubles easily.
Per serving—41 calories; 6g carbohydrates; 0.5g fiber; 1g saturated fat; 2g protein; 64 mg sodium