- PREP TIME:
- COOK TIME:
- LEVEL: Intermediate
Thyme and garlic-crusted beef tenderloin is a meal for celebrations and holidays.
- 1 lb extra-lean beef tenderloin
- 1 tsp ground thyme
- 1 ½ tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove beef from refrigerator and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, mix thyme, garlic, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture over beef.
- Coat large, oven-proof skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high. Place beef in pan and cook 2 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Move skillet to oven, and roast 20-25 minutes until internal temperature reads 135°F.
- Remove beef from oven and transfer to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Per serving—164 calories; 1g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 9g saturated fat; 28g protein; 69mg sodium